Restaurants In Milan, Italy.

megankl

Community Member
Nov 16, 2014
Me and my husband are going to be visiting Milan in January for the first time. Our favourite thing about Italy is the food so we were wondering what some of your recommendations are for restaurants? We are open to pretty much anything! We would like to know if there are any restaurants we should avoid also? Thanks in advance!

It really depends on what you are in the mood for. For good brioche go to Salad Me Café. There is good Pizza at Al Pizzetta. If you are in the mood for traditional Tuscan cusine, then Il Luogo Di Aimo E Naidia is a family style restaurant with a great selection and a tasting menu. If you are looking for a fine dining experience then consider going to Giacomo. It's an elegant restaurant where the locals go and you may see an Italian celebrity as well.

These sound nice! Are the any places that you could get a decent meal for not too much money? When we went into a nice Italian café in Milan, I had tea and it turned out to be 5 euros. Also 5 euros for two tiny desserts (one little chocolate cake a couple of square centimers and one tiny cookie with three chocolate chips on top!)

We also went to the cheap restaurant our hostel lady recommended, but it was not this good service nor quantities. Thoughts?

There are a few options that are more affordable. The famous Luini bakery is good for a small lunch. A panzerotto will cost you a couple of euros, with 2 of them and a coke you will be ok for lunch. In particularly less central areas you can find Trattorias with "menu fisso" which will offer you a set menu for lunch at around 10 euros.