Which Italian Mobile Network Do You Use?

As a few of you have voted on this poll just wondering for what reasons did you choose that particular network?

I use the network 3 because they were the first to offer video calls in my area. Another reason is that my credit tops up 10 cents for every minute that someone calls me.

TIM - simply because they were top of the pops when mobiles first became popular here. Since then everyone in the family has stuck with them because we are all with the same network and it's cheaper to call each other.

Re: Which Italian mobile network do you use?

TIM supports prepaid and post-paid calls, Short Message Services (SMS), WAP navigation and high speed data services (GPRS & EDGE & 3G) and 3G calls including videocall (3G service).

I use Vodafone as they seem to be better than TIM in regards to customer services. I also use vodafone connect key to access the internet which works very well for me.

There are so many companies to choose from!
I currently use Vodafone but it's only because I never bothered to change it. I have my current cell number since 2008 but I never thought of switching companies.

What a coincidence, I have my number since 2008 too!

I looked up on Google the Italian mobile networks, just out of curiosity. Wikipedia says there are only 4, even if the page has last been updated 2 days ago!

Wikipedia says there are: Wind, Vodafone, 3, Tim. That's not accurate information, there's Fastweb too and they even have nice offers (lots of minutes within national networks, lots of SMS' as well).

Well, to simply answer the question, I'm still on the Vodafone network. I'm thinking of changing it though, maybe with Wind, not sure yet.

I use Wind from 2010 more or less, but I use my mobile really rarely so I'm not a great consumer.

I'm not a great consumer either, I do own a smartphone but I only use it to call people and to receive calls. That's it, I don't even send text messages and I don't even go online.

There are so many offers now to switch to another mobile network. offers with phones that only cost 1 Euro or fancy smartphones that you only pay 50 Euros instead of a few hundreds. Personally, I'm just waiting for a normal offer to appear because these ones are only eye-catching, but what they don't tell you is that you will sell your soul for only one phone :D

I have used them all at some point over the last 20 years, and I guess it all depends on your location, but I have found Iliad to be the best in terms of price and service.
The price has remained the same too unlike TIM and Vodafone that have a habit of increasing the prices when possible.

Iliad is the best for service and cost, they are a French company that came into the Italian market and forced their Italian competitors to drop their prices. They are the Ryanair of the Italian mobile network.

It’s horrible to say, but thanks to the foreign companies investing in Italy, they put the Italian companies to shame.

Forget Tim and Vodafone, which are often referred to as “legal thief’s”. Iliad has clear, transparent tariffs without any hidden surprises.