The New Fiat Engine

Orrymain

Community Member
May 21, 2009
The New Fiat Engine

Any Fiat lovers here? This sounds exciting.

FIAT BEGINS PRODUCTION OF NEW MULTIAIR ENGINE

(ANSA) - Turin, May 22 - Fiat has begun production of its new Multiair engine which is designed to reduce fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. Developed by its Fiat Powertrain Technologies (FPT) division, the new engine will make its debut in September inside the Alfa Romeo MiTo, the subcompact sports car which was voted 2009 European Car of the Year.

<snip>

The Multiair engine is an innovative twin-cylinder engine developed to meet future Euro 5 and Euro 6 emissions standards while maintaining the same performance as a larger engine. Aside from reducing consumption and emissions, respectively by 25% and 10%, the new engine is also 20% lighter than a conventional four-cylinder motor and is 25% smaller in volume.

The maximum output by the new twin-cylinder engine in its current Fire 1.4 version is 105HP, while a crankshaft balancing system significantly reduces vibration and noise levels compared to other small engines.

<snip>

The new technology is easily adaptable to all gasoline engines and in the future Fiat intends to apply it to diesel ones, perhaps in two years` time.

Whole Article

it would be great if more cars are fitted with that engine. imagine a cleaner and greener world. that's the future i wanna see for my daughter.

I would like to know the emission rate of this multiair engine.

If it is higher or lower than 130mg. Because this is the limit many European countries have set for their taxes.

Fiat Grande Punto will be available with both petrol and diesel engine option - a 1.2L, 1198cc petrol engine that is able to produce 77 PS power and the another one is a 1.3L, multijet diesel engine that produces 88 PS power .... for more details about this car along with its prices you may visit the following link ......
http://www.cardekho.com/carmodels/Fiat/F...