Should I Travel in Greece or Italy?

anna2009

Community Member
Jun 9, 2009
Should I Travel in Greece or Italy?

I am traveling to europe this summer and I can't decide on where to end my trip. Here are my options:

I can take a train around Italy from Rome, to Florence (and visit Pisa and Cinque Terra) then a train to Venice. This all would cost about 75 euros.

OR

I can fly over to athens and then fly over to Mykonos (greek island) and hang there for a little bit then hang out in athens for a couple days. this costs about 400 euros.

I guess it comes down to price, but I heard a lot of good things about Greece. Please help me decide! :)

Re: Should I Travel in Greece or Italy?

Err summer would be a great time to visit Italy, if I remember it right Italy has a lot of festivals in the summer time that means a lot of sightseeings to tourists and come to think of the price 75 euros vs 400 euros? Go for Italy :D

I know its over a year old but I would do both ! Go to Rome and Florence and then get another train to one of the Italian port towns. This means that rather than fly to Athens & then Mykonos , you could get a ferry for much much less. See this site for prices.

http://www.greekferries.gr/

I'm guessing you would have to get a ferry from either Bari or Brindisi to go to Greece. Bari is about 3 hours 45 mins from Rome by train and Brindisi around 5.