Seaside Or Lake?

Rosie

Community Member
Apr 6, 2013
Italy
I am currently living between the two: between the Ligurian sea and the Garda lake.

I've recently been to both and loved the time I spent on both beaches, but somehow I prefer the lake.
It's more quiet, it's calmer, there aren't so many people compared to the seaside (where I could barely find a spot, and this was in July!) and you can actually swim in the water (the sea has too many waves... ).

So, what about you?
Do you prefer to go to the seaside or the lake? Or, do you just choose whichever is closer?

I tend to prefer the seaside myself but will usually go where is convenient since in the end water is water :) However, the sea tends to be more sweeping and more scenic in my experience. It also is better for people watching which I enjoy.

That's true, people watching is done a lot better from the seaside, since there are so many people who prefer the sea, compared to how "many" choose the lake.

The sea is also great to watch, I have had a thing for the seaside ever since I was little, my greatest memories and the best times I have ever had happened at the seaside. But somehow, for a nice quiet city break, I actually prefer the calm waters of the lake :D