Rock Drawings In Valcamonica

TuttoItaly

Administrator
Oct 17, 2010
Valcamonica has one of the largest collections of prehistoric petroglyphs in the world. Valcamonica ( Valle Camonica) was Italy's first site to be listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

<-- The snippet above is from an article about the Rock Drawings In Valcamonica in our portal. Read More. -->

Have you been or wish to visit the rock art in In Valcamonica?
Have we missed something that you feel is relevant?
Feel free to add your comments below.

Isn't that amazing! These formations are still here after all these years. I will have to put Valcamonica on my list of must-see places when I visit Italy. I've always been interested in ancient writing and to witness something so old would be a treat on my vacation.

I love these old rock drawings and knowing they were made long before we were even born. There are places you can stay in Capo di Ponte, if you're up to hiking to see the rock drawings.

It's fascinating to see evidence of communication from our prehistoric past. I love how these drawings functioned as art and as a way of recording their life and times.

Well... only 160 kilometers far :D I'm definitely gonna go there :)
It's indeed fascinating to be able to see history in front of your eyes, and from the looks of it, Valcamonica is a wonderful place too!
I love traveling to new places and admiring the landscape!
There are a few castles and churches over there as well, worth visiting in my opinion! :)