National traffic block on Sunday Feb 25th

Veronese

Community Member
Sep 10, 2007
National traffic block on Sunday Feb 25th

So it seems that some regions in the north of Italy are having a traffic block day. How they can enforce this i dont know but you should check your local news for more details.

Not forgetting that from the 27 feb through to the 2nd March the petrol pumps will be on strike too. 4 days with no petrol, so make sure you fill up full on the 26th!

for anyone who is a resident in a large northern city you have probably experienced this on a number of occasion where they close the city to traffic on cetain days.

I have a friend who lives in the center of Milan and he can only use his car on certain days in the week. As i agree with this action in the city to make it a cleaner place to be and to force people to use the local public transport. It would be very unfair to to do this in the countryside or smaller towns where there is very little or no public transport.

I believe that this planned block is more of a political stunt than a way of actually reducing pollution.

just a quick update on this.

I have noticed in my local area that they have now put up signs saying that you are not allowed to drive into the town from 8am to 8pm. I also understand that some of the other local comuni have signs up too. From what i can gather is that this depends on the local comuni if they take part or not. Fines will be issued if you are caught driving in a restricted area so take care.

I feel like im in a war zone. Cant even leave the house on a Sunday!

Fine if you live in the city centre but i live in a small town where walking or by bike is not an option.