Low Budget Getaways In Italy

Rosie

Community Member
Apr 6, 2013
Italy
Oh, it's almost August again! Okay, not quite, but I can't wait for spring and summer!

With the economic situation, I'm sure not much has changed (or will change), but even if you don't have a lot of possibilities, you can always plan ahead, like I'm trying to right now, even if we're in February.

This year I plan on going on more getaways as soon as the weather becomes more suitable (now it's too cold).

So, what do you recommend for a low budget getaway? Any good tips?

Planning ahead is important and booking things as early as possible is the key. Trains, flights etc all become more expensive the later you leave it.

I have found though you can pick up some real bargains with accommodation if you leave things to the last minute.

This of course is not ideal for people who are coming from abroad or traveling in large numbers.

Hotels tend to reduce their prices a day before if they know they have a lot of empty rooms. I have done this on my last couple of trips and have always saved compared to the standard tariffs.

The only problem with doing this at the last minute is you really have to be flexible in terms of location as some of the better located hotels may be fully booked.