Lake Garda

Question

Community Member
Jun 4, 2011
I have heard that Lake Garda is a good place to visit. I have heard that there are lots of attractions to see but upon looking at a map of lake Garda it seems to be quite big.

What parts of the lake would you suggest to find accomodation in? A good link to public transport is a must as we will not have a car.

Suggestions please?

Lake Garda is beautiful and definitely worth visiting. It's a lot like the Finger Lakes in New York, but giant and filled with resorts. You really can't go wrong staying anywhere around it. Plus, you can reach it by several bus or rail lines. Just ask your hotel in Italy, or a travel agency, for the nearest stops. You can also google Lake Garda and visit their main tourism site. They'll have travel information.

Years ago, I went to Austria by bus from England and after it dropped me off in Maurach, it travelled on to Lake Guarda. What a long journey that must have been because it was around 24 hours to my destination! It must be a magnificent place though because people thought it worth travelling for that length of time to get there!

Lake Garda is one of northern Italy's most popular tourist destinations and is the largest lake in Italy.Lake Garda is one of the most beautiful places in the World, offering splendid natural Scenery with breathtaking Views.
Lake Garda is one of the favorite sporting destinations in Italy. Here you can play climbing, Mountain biking, walking and windsurfing.