Islands In Italy

Gabe

Community Member
Nov 9, 2014
I haven't been to all of them, but I have been to Sardinia, Aeolian Islands (Lipari, Stromboli, Vulcano, Salinia and Panarea), Sicily, Capri and Ischica. There are a few others I have been to that are more off the beaten track, like Prochida, but would like to go to Pantelleria and Isola del Giglio.

Happy to hear any other island recommendations and the best time of year to go.

When I started thinking about it, I came to a realization about how many islands there are in Italy. There is Elba, which is famous for harboring Napolean during his exile. A visit there would be a beach get away and little bit of history.

I have never visited an island before. Except for Venice, I'm sure it counts :P
But I definitely plan to!

I've heard a lot of wonderful things about the island of Ischia, I know someone who regularly plans her vacations over there. She says it's the most wonderful place in the world (for her :P) and she simply refuses to go anywhere else during her summer holidays. So... must be worth the visit!

The island of Lampedusa is also a place I'd reaaaaly want to visit. Despite the fact that this is the place most illegal immigrants enter the country, Lampedusa is actually a magnificent place!

I haven't been to all of them, but I have been to Sardinia, Aeolian Islands (Lipari, Stromboli, Vulcano, Salinia and Panarea), Sicily, Capri and Ischica. There are a few others I have been to that are more off the beaten track, like Prochida, but would like to go to Pantelleria and Isola del Giglio.

Happy to hear any other island recommendations and the best time of year to go.

I am glad you loved the Islands you visited i would love if you post some pictures here of those islands.

Favignana: The interestingly shaped butterfly like Favignana is a beautiful destination.
6ff387964c32f3b7424e13d35f8dd4da.webp

Capri: Amazing beauty with many caves and ares to explore.
ilha_de_capri.jpg

Ischia: Renowed for its wonderful spas, it is the biggest island in the Naples.
ischia.jpg

Lampedusa: Amazing clear waters and direct ferry from Sicily.
la_spiaggia_dell_isola.jpg