Is italy and france good places for holidays?

anna2009

Community Member
Jun 9, 2009

I am going to Italy and France early next year. are they good places to go? and what are some of the positive things from these country's???

Can you believe that I studied the French language for 9 years yet it is a place I have never even been?

Italy is a great place for people who like doing lots of activities and for those who just want to relax. One thing you must do is take a day trip out to the Vatican City and Pisa, they are both extraordinary places. If you can afford it I would also suggest that you go on a guided tour to learn much more about the history and facts of the two locations.

I am not sure about France but Italy is certainly worth for money. You have a large amount of options to tour and spend your money in Italy. On most cases you would end up staying in Italy than your planned trip time here.

I haven't been to France, but my father was born there and he and my sister went back several years ago, and then my sister went again just a year or so ago. She actually stayed in a very small village, away from tourist stuff. She had a great time. It was more like visiting friends because it really was living amongst the people and not just walking their streets.

Re: Is italy and france good places for holidays?

According to me many places in France or Italy that require a week or more. In Italy, coffee, beer, juice, and wine all seemed to be around the price, but not so in France. Pastries were a highlight in France, especially for breakfast, and were available everywhere.

I believe that anything that is entire different o your home town would be a good place to visit since everything is new for you. This will be exciting for you.

I would love to see France in the winter for some reason. I'm not really sure why to be honest. I would say that Italy is a good place for holidays depending on where you go.

Both are beautiful countries wherever you go. Both have the weather , the lifestyle and in Paris and Rome two of the most historic and breathtaking cities in the whole world. True , as someone mentions above, they are not cheap but the experience of both is priceless in terms of memories..

I would love to see France in the winter for some reason. I'm not really sure why to be honest. I would say that Italy is a good place for holidays depending on where you go.

Not only that, but in Italy you're bound to see traces of the ancient Romans, one of the big Mediterranean civilizations which serve as the basis of our modern Western culture. I find that fact very exciting!

I agree. One of the most fascinating and enticing reasons to go to either country is the history which is so rich with heritage. I'd love to go sometime.

Both Italy and France are wonderful places to visit, especially if you are into history and architecture, it is unbelievable. I haven't been there, but I've read and watched enough to know. :) There is so much I would want to see there... Vatican has already been mentioned - "a country within a country" as it is sometimes called.

Yeah the Vatican is a must-see if over in Rome. Start early in the day and take plenty of water though as it will take ages to walk through and see most of the sights and it can get crowded and hot.

Depends what you look for in a holiday. The French country side is fantastic, the roads are fantastic and the food is fantastic. It's probably my number one favorite country. However if you want to p*** of a French person use the phrase "Parlez vous Anglais"

I've been to both France and Italy; I prefer France (Paris specifically) because it cost a lot less than my Italy trip and didn't disappoint.

I am going to Italy and France early next year. are they good places to go? and what are some of the positive things from these country's???
well why not ? all mediterranean sea are nice ! at that's moment in North africa are one "political problem for the tourism" but italy or other Europeans country don't have problem....
http://italynicedream.blogspot.com/

Yes, I do believe so. Wherever history is, so is beauty. Italy, France, Germany... The experience is unique for every place you visit and can never be forgotten. It stays with you. I am hoping to do a ''Europe tour'', or rather, my own version of it, and both Italy and France are on top of my list. As they say, all roads lead to Rome.

I think they are wonderful places for holidays. You get to see almost everything that you always wanted to see. I think it can be very useful to visit these places at least once in your life time. I think it can be really helpful to visit all the monuments, operas and beaches present over there. It can be a life time memory.

I think they are wonderful places for holidays. You get to see almost everything that you always wanted to see. I think it can be very useful to visit these places at least once in your life time. I think it can be really helpful to visit all the monuments, operas and beaches present over there. It can be a life time memory.

I completely agree with you. These two countries are simply too beautiful to be missed, and there is always something to see, somewhere to go, something to do. I don't think a month would be enough to see all the sights, so one thing is certain - you'll keep going back, and you'll always be seeing something new and different.

Visiting Italy for a holiday is an experience as wherever you go, you will find something historical to see and of course taste real Italian food. What I like is that people are genuine (in general) and you will always see the men sitting and talking in the Piazza and there is always a Bar Centrale.

Italy is fairly well geared for tourism and so it's easy to get around and even if you don't have much money, you can wander around the churches, beaches and look at the old buildings.

Reactions: Aurelia
When I was a kid, my father was in the army so we were stationed in Germany. One Xmas we went to France. It was the most amazing experience I ever had. If I can remember that and I was around age 5 or 6. It had to something wonderful. I think traveling to other countries during the holidays is a great idea.