Hints and Tips if going to the Vatican

gilbz

Community Member
Sep 6, 2010
Just sharing some knowledge that we gained from our trip to the Vatican last year.

1. Try and wear something a little respectable as they are strict about the amount of flesh showing.
2. Take plenty of water - its a long way round and it can get crowded and hot
3. Dont speak above a whisper in the Sistine chapel or soemone will yell at you to be quiet !
4. Dont try and see everything , its impossible. Either go on a guided tour , which will point out the important stuff and also has the advantage of getting you straight to the head of the queue or, make aliost of highlights and stick to it.

Reactions: Chillout and David
Thanks for sharing these tips with us gilbz. :)

I have been to Rome a few times but have never visited Vatican City. I am not a religious person but would like to visit there one day.

I agree i have never visted but am determined the next time I am in Italy to pay it a visit. Thank you for those tips they were very helpful and I will remember them for when I visit. I had heard that the guided tours are the best way to ensure that you see everything.

You're not allowed to take pics inside the Sistine Chapel, but of course everyone does. It's really crowded in there, but if you sneak a pic quick, you can get away with it. Mine was blurry, though. :(