Good Places To Eat At Lake Garda

Chillout

Community Member
Sep 10, 2007
Mantova, Italy
If you are ever in the lake Garda area I would highly recommend the speck stube as a place to eat.

Located in Malcesine, this steakhouse is very popular with the locals and boasts many meat meals cooked in a wood based oven.

For more info, visit www.speckstube.com or visit them at via Navene Vecchia, 139, 38018, Malcesine.

Can you recommend any other places to eat in the Lake Garda area?

I've never been there but I hope to visit Lake Garda this year, if possible.

Thanks for recommending a good place to eat. I'm not pretentious and picky when it comes to food, I'm actually happy with a simple panini but if there is the possibility to eat a good Italian meal, I'll take it! But it has to be good, I specifically remember one trattoria where the only thing I enjoyed was 1 type of prosciutto and the bread... the other types of prosciutto, the tortelli, the cooked meat weren't "eatable", in my opinion.

Well, if you ever do visit and are nearby do check this place out. It's more of a summer steakhouse type place with a huge garden and lots of parking. All meats are cooked in a massive wooden oven which gives it that extra flavour.

I suggest the Stinco, It was the best Stinco I have had in all of Italy! :)

Lots of parking spots.... that is important! :D

Thanks for the suggestion :) I actually plan on visiting different places of Italy this year. It's a shame to live in such a beautiful country and not drive around to see places.

I have never had Stinco before, at least I don't think so. I promise to remember it when I'll visit the lake :)