Ferries From Italy

Macy

Community Member
Jul 19, 2013
Windhoek
I read on the internet that I can travel from different Italian ports on ferries to Greece, Croatia and other Mediterranean destinations. Are the ferries reliable, meaning, do they keep to their times? I am thinking of traveling by train from the north of Italy, and I don’t want to miss my ferry if I make a reservation online.

I know Greek ferries are often cancelled due to the windy conditions in the southern med and Italian boat services along the Amalfi coast are often suspended for the same reason. Why not get a ferry from Ancona in the north to Greece? save travelling south by train

Hmm.. Macy, my advice is that you book your ferry hours after the train reaches its destination.
I don't want to scare you, but lately trains have a chaotic schedule, they say it arrives at 11:40, they even announce it, and it arrives at 11:55, it takes time for passengers to get on and off the train and it's the same thing in every train station.

I don't know about the ferries, I've never eve seen one in Italy, but my advice, don't rely on the fact that the train will arrive on time :D