Easyjet Now Assigning Seats.

It seems that ryanair have started to assign seats too. You don't get a choice (unless you pay) but the system will automatically assign you a seat when you check-in 24hrs before the flight.

I can also confirm that if you made a booking of more than one person, the system will automatically assign all of the seats together.

This is a good thing. It is also good that they will group the seats together for multiple bookings. At least they thought about that.

About time too! Just because something is low price it doesn't mean that we should expect shoddy service. Sometimes it feels like it's a free for all. All of these types of flights should do the same kind of thing. It's about time consumers took a stand.

Travelling with the no-frills airlines never used to bother me when travelling alone. I only started to understand the difficulties involved when travelling with my daughter.

Why should I have to pay for an allocated seat? All I think anyone asks when travelling with young children, the elderly or in a group is to be seated together.

Now they have listened to their customers and finally re-introduced the allocation of seats I’m sure that it’s better for both parties. The customer and the airline, after all, they have just 20 minutes to turn the aircraft around.

I'm glad that they are assigning seats. It makes it a lot easier when traveling with others. I remember this one time my husband got on board first and I followed and this girl was trying to offer him a seat next to her and he had to explain that he was going to go sit with his wife. It was funny, but would be better to avoid.