Camping

Misty

Community Member
Jun 14, 2009
Camping

I like to do a spot of camping now and again and was wondering what the average priced Italian campsite was like if anyone has had any experiences good or bad.

There are tons of places in Italy being suited for camping. You can choose camping sites of any terrain from mountains and lakes of the north, beaches in all shapes and sizes, the incomparable Tuscany, historic cities full of architectural highlights in the whole mainland. There are also some Royal villas which gives you quite a good experience of it.

Re: Camping

I like to do a spot of camping now and again and was wondering what the average priced Italian campsite was like if anyone has had any experiences good or bad.

I really think it depends on the area and time in season which you wish to camp. I have tried it only once in Italy.

This was on the adriatic coast near to Rimini. For 8 nights we paid just over €100 which really was a very good price. The campsite was fairly small and had only basic facilities but for what we paid it was a great deal and the beach was a 5 min walk away. The only thing i'll say is that it was my first camping experience in a tent (in italy) and did not take into consideration how hot and humid things are being in the open. The campsite had many trees to shade each pitch but as soon as the sun started to rise so did I!

Next time i will be rent a caravan (fixed on site) or perhaps a bungalow.

In America this concept of camping is a huge hit-there are so many privately owned camping grounds and they offer most modern amenities. I am not sure about Italy but I would like to gather more information in this regard.

Give me the hotel! Seriously, I've never been a camper. I believe it's a wonderful concept and I have friends who are devoted campers, but I hate bugs and crawly things. What's a girl to do?