Best Beaches In Italy

Peninha

Community Member
Nov 14, 2014
I know that this will be an extremely hard question to answer to due to the geography of Italy, with a long long coastline. Either cases, here it goes, what is the best beach for you in Italy? What beaches are you still planning on visiting?

I have never been in Italy, but I am planning on visiting next summer, most likely. If my plans don't turn all upside down. I haven't really seen that many beaches in Italy, but from what I've seen the Positano beach looks just like something I would like. Not too big, and there are restaurants and shops just a minute away, just what I need. I plan on visiting next summer, definitely.

So far, I have fallen in love with two destinations, Sicily and San Domino, Tremeni Islands. Sicily is one of the first trading cubs of the ancient world, and I would love visiting some of the monuments along with the beaches - it would be a perfect combination for my dream holiday. As for San Domino, the view is simply too beautiful to resist - pure perfection. Once you've seen it, you'll know you've seen Paradise.

What about you? You never mentioned that perfect little spot you wish to visit.

I am with you in what concerns Sicily, it seems the type of place I could fall in love and live there for the rest of my life. I wonder if the houses in this picture are available for sale, I could move there right now! :D

c9103b7657b9386dcfbe60b425338732.webp

I am with you in what concerns Sicily, it seems the type of place I could fall in love and live there for the rest of my life. I wonder if the houses in this picture are available for sale, I could move there right now! :D

c9103b7657b9386dcfbe60b425338732.webp

Wow, it really looks beautiful. The sea looks amazing and I want one of those houses to be mine. This is the type of place I would love living at. Especially in the summer. Instead of going on a holiday, you have your holiday right there, in front of your door. It's really beautiful, how much do you reckon these houses are valued?

Definitely Sicily! I've been wanting to go there for a long time. I have a friend who lives near Palermo, and she has been inviting me for a couple of years now. I never got the opportunity to take up her kind offer, and it's a mighty big shame. :(
In the past I have visited some northern beaches along the Ligurian coast, but I prefer the deep south.

Wow, it really looks beautiful. The sea looks amazing and I want one of those houses to be mine. This is the type of place I would love living at. Especially in the summer. Instead of going on a holiday, you have your holiday right there, in front of your door. It's really beautiful, how much do you reckon these houses are valued?

2013 was a nice year to buy. That's when the prices in Sicily had fallen for about a quarter. Today, you can buy land for about three thousand euros (per square kilometre), same is with houses, though of course, the closer to the beach they are, the prices are steeper, especially for villas. I have seen some over several million psk - but they have everything, even the pool (these are the types you can see in the movies). Anyway, it would be a very expensive investment.

The further south you head in Italy, the water becomes cleaner. That said, If you looking for night life as well as beach life you need to find a place that has a combination of the two.

If your young and you looking for the Ibiza of Italy. You should visit places such as Rimini or Riccione. These cities are full of nightlife and also have some good beach facilities too. The down side is that the sea is not all that clean. It’s healthy but not crystal clear like that in Southern Italy.

I prefer the regions of Puglia, Calabria and Sicily but every region has its own beauty spots.

I live in northern Italy and am about the same distance from either the Mediterranean or Adriatic Sea. Out of the two, I normally choose the Mediterranean side as the water seems to be much cleaner.

I've only been to 3 beaches so far... (I know, very few!).

The one I liked best was at Garda Lake, the Lungolago Mazzini beach, of Peschiera del Garda, to be precise. It's not a big beach, but it's pretty long. And you can choose whether you want to sit on the sand beach, pebble beach, or on the grass.

The prices are fair as well, I actually have my own stuff (beach chair + beach umbrella), but you can rent them at very low prices! For €12 you get 2 beach chairs and a big umbrella :) I think they have pretty much the same prices around the lake...

I also loved this beach because you can either sit among the crowds, or you can choose a secluded space, like on the grass under the trees. They also have a tiny kid's park, if you plan on bringing kids. Oh, and the parking is right there, you don't have to walk a lot to and from your car.

I've been to quite a few beaches, but they all vary and in Italy there are private beaches too. I usually spend time on the beach in Santa Margherita Ligure and on the way to Portofino there are beaches too, but are private.

The Amalfi coast ones are nice, so I recommend those and in Sardinia the beaches can be both rocky and sandy. There is more choice there being a smaller island and it's possible to find your own little spot. Another I recommend is Capri, a really nice beach there.

On the Aeolian Islands, some are good again, but can be rocky and the tides come in and out very fast there. In Stromboli the beaches are covered in ash from the volcano!

My families favorite beach when we visit Italy is definitely Sicily. All the times we have been there it was never too over populated, the beach and water was clean, and we found it VERY relaxing. Another one I recommend are the beaches along the Amalfi Coast. That is our second favorite area to spend our beach days in.

Yep, I think that it's hard to say something bad about Sicily and this particular place. The amazing about Italy is that they have miles and miles of beaches, so we can really pick any place and choose another dream beach. All the country is surrounded by the ocean... :)