Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

Which Place In Italy Do You Want To Visit?

Discussion in 'General Discussion About Italy' started by turtledove, Aug 6, 2015.

1. I've already visited a few of the more well-known places, like Rome, Venice and Milan. I want to visit Florence as well, but there are few lesser known places I'm looking to visit, such as San Gimignano, Sardinia and Ravello.

What place in Italy do you want to visit?

2. My next trip back is ideally going to be to Northern Italy, where my grandparents hailed from. I've seen some of the bigger cities, but my next trip I'm really looking forward to going off the beaten path and seeing places that tourists don't necessarily consider.

I feel like doing that really gets me more in touch with a country than the big cities do!

sallymarie likes this.
  3. That's so true. Often you get to see the city in the best light when it's less crowded. Everybody goes to the typical places, but not everybody actually wants to feel the vibe of the country. I hope you have a great trip!

sallymarie likes this.
  4. That's the thing - I think when you go to the less typical places it's just a whole different vibe. Everywhere I have been that was off the beaten path in the world had locals who were just so excited at the prospect of having someone from another country to show around. Some of the best memories and most amazing hospitality have come from those trips and I'm sure off the beaten path in Italy will be the same!

5. I've been to quite a few places, but I would like to go back and see how and if they have changed. I haven't been to Assisi and would like to go there and have more time in Rome. Although I have been twice, it's too big to see and take in especially when it's so touristy. I would also spend more time in Sicily and explore there, but you have to go in the right season.

Spending time on the islands is also something I want to do again, but it's so hard to leave them and you end up wanting to stay there and not go back to the mainland.

6. The place I want to visit in Italy is not only a city but a whole island. And this is Sardinia. Once we had in our Italian language course a teacher who was living some years in Sardinia. She told us only the best from this island and my motivation to visit it is very high. Let's see if I will have the chance to visit Sardinia soon.

7. Same here, I've been wanting to visit Sardinia for a while now. I haven't got a trip to Italy planned any time soon, but if I do plan one, Sardinia is definitely at the top of my list too! I've heard lots of good things about it.

8. I've always wanted to go on the football stadium tour, and I know for a lot of you that might sound a bit sad and geeky!

A few years ago I was looking through an holiday brochure and it had one of these tours in there, and basically it's 10 days, and you just visit different football stadiums around Italy and take the tours. Accommodation and transport is provided in the package and I just thought it would be a good way to see Italy, especially seeing as I'm a football fan aswell.

9. I also visited Italy several times. I've been to Rome, Venice, Florence, parts of Sicily and the southern Coast. While the Southern Coast is by far my favorite I would love to travel to Tuscany and Bari.
    My family roots trace back to Bari so I would love to see the city they grew up in before they came the the US.

10. Fоr mе, сinquе Tеrrе, Tusсаny but mоst оf аll Vеniсе it’s оnе оf thе mоst bеаutiful сitiеs in thе wоrld. It is truly mаgnifiсеnt hоw thе plасе is surrоundеd by wаtеrwаys thаt mаdе thе сity mоrе uniquе thаn оthеr сitiеs.

11. Hеrе аrе thе list оf my tоp 5 plасеs
    1. аmаlfi соаst, саmpаniа
    2. Sаlеntо, Pugliа
    3. сinquе Tеrrе, Liguriа
    4. Tеrrаsini, Siсiliа
    5. Vеrsiliа, Tоsсаnа