Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

Italian Health Insurance Companies

Discussion in 'Health and Education' started by ned, Jul 1, 2013.

1. .....I would be most grateful for any names and/or links for Italian health insurance companies.

Thanks

2. Hi ned, first of all -> welcome to the forums!

Now, to answer your question, here are a few health insurance companies that I know of:

Assitalia - www.inaassitalia.it
    Axa Assicurazioni - www.axa-italia.it
    Fondiaria-SAI- www.fondiaria-sai.it
    Generali- www.generali.it
    RAS- www.ras.it
    Reale Mutua- www.realemutua.it
    Toro- www.toroassicurazioni.it
    Unisalute- www.unisalute.it
    Vittoria Assicurazioni - www.vittoriaassicurazioni.com
    Zurigo - www.zurigo.it

I hope this helps, I'm sure there are many more companies that offer health insurance, these are the ones I can remember at the moment :)

Chillout likes this.
  3. Wow, that is a great list @Rosie !

I never knew there were so many health insurance companies in Italy.

Although there is the national health service, it is actually a good idea to take out some kind of extra insurance as not everything is free or reduced to ticket rates.

4. never cared too much of an extra insurance, but I understand that coming from the US this should be one of the first things you are used to set :)

5. I personally don't have a private health insurance because I still can't afford a good one but I believe than one day I will surely look into the option.

As we grow older we become weaker and weaker so a nice insurance "just in case" won't hurt!
    My own health is the most important thing of all and I don't even think that it's a selfish thing to say. Without my health, how can I be there for the people I care about?

6. Hi Rosie...many thanks.
    I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. Your e-mail to me ended up in 'spam'....and my reply ended up with the webmaster !!!!! Hope this finds you !!

7. Just to clarify, we respect our users privacy and will never share your email address with others.

The email that you received is an automatic email sent to you when someone replies to a post. These can be turned off if you wish via your members control panel.
    At present, it is not possible to reply to posts via email and must be done through this website.

I'm 100% sure Rosie will receive your message the next time she logs in to this website. :)