Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

Evening All! New Member Here

Discussion in 'General Discussion About Italy' started by dpm_007, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Ciao, everyone! I'm new to the forum. I didn't find a "Introduce yourself" sub-forum so I'll do that here.

I grew up around Italian American communities in the New York Metro area. I have visited Italy once in the 1980's. It was my first trip to Europe. I was on a 2 week Eurail Pass going through all around Europe. I entered through Luxemborg, but stayed mostly in Belgium & France. But I left a Cannes on a Sunday morning heading towards Roma. I entered Italy on the train via the "Ventimiglia" checkpoint (this was before the Schengen Agreement). And then all the way down to Rome. I arrived around 3-4pm on a Sunday afternoon. I got to the hotel and then went out to eat dinner, not realizing that most of the restaurants were closed (it being Sunday). The only thing open was a Pastry shop. So that's what I had for dinner that day. Ah well. I didn't have much time in Rome, had to be on the train back up to Milano, where I had to wait for an overnight train to Basel Switzerland.

I hope to go back some day, and see Sicily and Sardinia.

Anyway, looking forward to chatting with you all!

Regards,

DPM