Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

Best Universities In Italy?

Discussion in 'Health and Education' started by sammien94, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Also, is a college/university diploma in Italy a big deal or not so much?

to7update likes this.
  2. taly certainly has plenty of charms to tempt tourists and international students alike: a diverse landscape including mountains, islands and active volcanoes,an immense cultural and historical legacy. Of course,universities in Italy include some of the world’s oldest and most prestigious.The Università di Bologna (UNIBO) is Italy’s top ranked university in the 2013/14 QS World University Rankings®, at 188th in the world.The University of Bologna’s main campus is located in Bologna, the heartland of Northern Italy.The city of Bologna is a wonderful mix of heritage of its Etruscan and Roman and a rich commercial and industrial centre of light-engineering and high-tech.The city is also known for its excellent cuisine and the brick-red colour of its historical buildings.Students can easily travel across Cesena on foot or by bike, especially in the city centre. This is one of the privileges of living in a small city like Cesena, where destinations are not so far.

to7update likes this.
  3. To answer your first question, I think there are indeed a few universities that are considered prestigious.
    The University of Bologna is one of them, like mentioned before :)
    The there's the Polytechnic University of Milan, it's very popular and, of course, conveniently located.. in Milan! There are many universities in Milan, but this one, along with the "Universita degli studi di Milano" are probably the best ones.

Actually, there are many universities here in Italy, I think each of them are good, it just depends on where you are located. I also think most foreign students prefer Northern Italy, Bologna, Milan, Parma, Torino... but most big cities have universities as well, it just depends on what you want to study.

And as far as the importance of attending one... well, it depends on what you want to do in life.
    If someone dreams about becoming a doctor or a professor or a great engineer... a college degree is a must!
    However, not everyone here has a college degree and they're doing just fine. There are plenty of jobs available for people without a college degree. In Italy, among the many other things I admire, I noticed that the employer doesn't give a rat's a@@ if you have a degree or not :D What they care about is what you KNOW and maybe, what you are able to already do or what you're willing to learn!
    A diploma doesn't define a person here (unless you really need one! I doubt someone can become a surgeon without attending college!).

to7update likes this.
  4. I've also heard the University of Bologna is one of the top universities. I had a friend who did a semester abroad there and said the classes were definitley tough, more so then she was expecting.
    I think any of the major cities will have reputable Universities, especially in Rome, Florence and Milan

5. The Italian education system is one of the best in the world. Most universities have admitted students from abroad. Some of the universities with high rankings include the University Of Bologna, Sapienza University Of Rome, University Of Padua and the University Of Milan.

6. I really cannot say that I have any knowledge on the subject, but for whatever reason I would have to assume that Florence has some pretty good ones. It is just a cultured place that it seems to fit.

7. Dеpеnds оn thе соursе оf study аnd idеоlоgiсаl guidеlinеs: thеrе аrе US pеоplе whо prеfеr tо Hаrvаrd аnd оthеr Prinсеtоn. Fоr еxаmplе, thе bеst оf thе mоst аnсiеnt аrе Pаduа аnd Bоlоgnа, Tоrinо еnginееring is mоrе соnсrеtе аnd Milаn mоrе аbstrасt … аnd sо оn.

8. Pоlytесhniс оf Milаn fоr еnginееring.
    Bоссоni Univеrsity fоr есоnоmiсs аnd businеss.
    Sсuоlа Nоrmаlе Supеriоrе (Univеrsity оf Pisа) аnd Sаpiеnzа Univеrsity оf Rоmе fоr sсiеnсе (mаthеmаtiсs аnd physiсs).
    Univеrsity оf Milаn fоr mеdiсаl sсiеnсе.

9. Well, I am just sad that back in the days that I was studying Eramus programs weren't so popular as they are now because I would certainl go to Italy. My choice would not fall on the most prestigious University though, but in one from the South, as I love the warm weather and the beach, something Italy has a lot. ;)

10. Fоr intеrnаtiоnаl studеnts Sаpiеnzа univеrsity оf Rоmе is bеst
    13th сеntury еstаblishеd univеrsity
    213th rаnk in thе wоrld
    Lоw tuitiоn fее
    Lосаtеd in сity сеntrе оf Rоmе

11. Wow, impressive that it was established in the 13th century, so that's an university with history! As for rankings, I really don't care much about them, because an excellent school can be ruined by a single bad teacher, so we need to be lucky. At the same time being in the center of Rome makes it highly convenient.