Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

An 1 Minute Translation.

Discussion in 'Italian Language' started by Georges, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Hello people!
    I'm new here.
    I am a great fan of the Italian language and I really want to learn it.
    It's an awesome language, especially for operas.
    I'm trying to learn alone for a year then I'll go to a teacher, cause I sing and my singing teacher says I don't have a very good accent...
    Anyway, there is a little poem I try to translate for a week now, but I fail and Google translate is bad for this purpose.
    What I want is someone to take a moment and translate it for me.
    It's really sort.
    But some words, I dont know their translation.
    So here is it.
    "
    I wondered why-----1
    you couldn't see
    that I loved you.
    I wondered why
    you didn't love me.----5
    But now, I see it all.
    It clear to me.
    I don't care,
    that my love
    for you was-----10
    unfulfilled.
    I feel no pain.
    I feel nothing.
    I am dead.---14
    "

It's really weird, it doesnt make sense at all, but that's what I like about it.
    Anyway, I'm kinda confused because I struggle separating the lines etc because when I go line by line I fail at "connecting" them.
    I'd be glad to solve this one.
    Thanks in advance!

to7update likes this.
  2. Really beautiful poem, have you written this yourself or have you found it somewhere?

I think a kind soul will help you in this, as translator in fact would do a poor job. I just don't know it will only take one minute, as many times there are many things about translation that make it last a lot longer. :)

Georges likes this.
  3. Heh, yeah, actually I have written this myself, it was kinda easy because it was supposed to be sort and just plain emotion, not expert vocabulary, just emotional expression. Thanks for your good words. I though it was a nonsense trash. You know how to make one feel better.
    On point, ok you're right it might take more than a minute, but I guess someone can spare his time. It's not a book.

to7update likes this.
  4. LOL, it's not nonsense trash, and I am glad it made you feel better. :) I was reading it again, and apparently your heart got broken by someone who speaks Italian? :) I hope it's already fixed, these stuff happens to everyone!

Georges likes this.
  5. Damn, I didn't really expected someone to get to the bottom of this thing.
    Hats off to you , sir.

to7update likes this.
  6. No problem lol, next time you'll break the heart of an Italian girl.I got my heart broken once by a Latvian girl haha, I suppose the foreign factor plays a big role, the attraction for a different culture. :)

7. Hahah, yeah to a certain extend for sure.
    It feels bad though.
    Anyway, I still need this translation.
    Awaiting means pressure, for matters like this.

8. LOL, no one is doing it right? :) Have you tried a paid service? For such a short piece of text maybe you could get it done as a free sample? Or maybe sending a PM to the admin or a member you see speaks Italian?

9. Meh, I don't wanna bother people and paid service as you said is a bit far fetched for something that sort. Fingers crossed someone who knows will see it and take the time to translate it...

10. Yeah, if you are not in a hurry you might as well wait, and someone apart from me might come to this thread and translate it. :) If you want it for a Portuguese girl I can do it for you. :D

Georges likes this.
  11. Hahah, not yet but who knows?
    Thank you for the support.

to7update likes this.