Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

Who Is Your Favourite Italian Actor?

Discussion in 'General Discussion About Italy' started by tasha, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Mark Rufallo (Italian descend) because he's simply brilliant. His acting skills are genius and he's (so so so) adorable. Most of his films give out a certain message about an issue that's going on in the world to the audience. For example, The Normal Heart. I won't spoil the movie but it's honestly an amazing movie with a great and clear message.

2. Well, there several brilliant Italian actors such as Alberto Sordi, John Turturro, Marcello Mastroianni, Robert De Niro, Maurizio Nichetti, etc. Among all these actors, Robert De Niro is my favourite. I really love his acting. I enjoyed his character in the movie 'The Bag Man'. He is an extraordinary Italian actor.

3. John Turturro is Italian, I think, and if so he is certainly on my list. The ones that have been mentioned are good ones too though, and you cannot go wrong with some De Niro and some Ruffalo. I think that Ruffalo just recently won some awards for his role in Spotlight, but I could be wring on that. I heard that he was really good in it though, so I am planning on seeing that one.

4. Oh yes, Mark certainly did. I'm so happy for him because he genuinely deserved the award - alongside all the cast members, producers and directors. He's a sweetheart. De Niro is amazing too.

Never heard of John Turturro before your post but after searching him up, I realized I knew him from Exodus. Wow, great actor.

5. Recently I got totally into Monica Bellucci. She's so beautiful. I can't help watching her films. Even though she's like 50 today... he's still pretty damn hot. Good on her!

6. There is a big difference between Italian actors and actors of Italian descent. I say big difference because to be honest with you, if we look the things like this, an American is not a real thing. The whole country is made of people of European descent and only Native Americans can be counted as real Americans. Most of them are of English descent, German, Italian, etc..
    Marcello Mastroianni, Giancarlo Giannini, Roberto benigni, Monica Vitti and many more were all, I think, born in Italy. Maybe some of the American Italian actors were also born in Italy but likes of Deniro and Pacino were born in New York.

7. I agree, there's a difference between Italian actors and actors of italian descent. If we are talking about the latter I'd say Robert De Niro and Leonardo Di Caprio are two of my favourites. I didn't care much for Leonardo Di Caprio, I always connected him to "Titanic" and since it hasn't ever been one of my favorite movies, I underestimated Di Caprio. But since then I've watched several of his movies and I changed my mind.
    If we are talking about italian actors, I'd say Roberto Benigni, Marcello Mastroianni, Alberto Sordi, Sofia Loren and Greta Garbo are/were some of the best.

8. Among all of the genius Italian actors, Raoul Bova is my favourite. He has acted in many amazing superhit movies such as Under the Tuscan Sun (2003), Do you see me (2014), All Roads Lead to Home (2015), etc. He is one of the most intelligent actors. His performence is really brilliant.