Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

Who Is Your Favourite Italian Actor?

Discussion in 'General Discussion About Italy' started by tasha, Nov 28, 2014.

1. I love Mark ruffalo, he looks like such a nice person!! And his movies are always amazing, except for Hulk, not a fan there.

2. The late James Gandolfini was a very fine actor. The role of Tony Soprano was on of the greatest portrayals on the small screen i have ever seen. His performances were so true and believable and the role must have been mentally exhausting to play. I feel sure he would have gone on to further greatness had he lived.

Of course the long standing greats such as Robert De Niro and Al Pacino deserve a mention, i am more of a fan of Pacino, his standards never slip, my favourite role of his was in the film Dog day afternoon where he plays the ringleader of a failed bank heist. Although he is an armed robber the audience feels sympathy for his character and you want him to get away with it. Pacino is a very clever actor. Italy is blessed with a huge pool of talent and iconic figures in the acting world.

3. Al Pacino is also my favorite too. He just embodies each role that he plays. His facial impressions or pretty good too. I just wish he'd done more movies throughout his career.

4. From list in the original post, I would have to say Robert de Niro. He had played many characters in different roles. He is convining as those characters too. He also seems like an everyday Joe if you were to meet in life.

5. The Italian dude that was on Dancing with the Stars is a good actor as well. I heard that he acted prior to doing the show also as it shows his range on other projects. I can only think of a few though and I don't know of any other.

6. Wait, Mark Ruffalo's Italian? Wow, I never knew that. I don't think he really talks a lot about his Italian heritage in interviews and such. He seems like such a nice guy and great actor.

7. Leonardo DiCaprio. I actually stupidly didn't know he was Italian until recently. He is one hell of an actor so talented and good looking to boot.

8. One of my favorite ones is Marcello Mastroianni, I have seen him in several films back in my film classes and got really into italian cinema. But I don't think I could name any italian actors from nowadays, only Italian-Americans I guess.

9. Yes me too, only Italian American actors because the ones we see on Rai are just doing hosting jobs or presenters for game shows.

10. You've listed a few great ones. I personally love Robert de Niro. I think he is one of the greatest actors. Most of the films he is also in have been classics.
    I also really like Leo DiCaprio. I think his prime role w as Titanic, which was one of the starting films of his career.

11. I doubt considering Di Caprio an Italian actor, as he's more German and Russian than Italian. Even though his name sounds extremely Italian.

In that sense, Al Pacino fits way better.

12. Leonardo di caprio is my favorite. I guess i like him since he was the first actor i saw on TV the day we bought our first set.:):)

13. Even though he's not 100% Italian, I would probably also have to say Leonardo Di Caprio. He's so talented and is part Italian - I'm always impressed with the calibre of the acting roles he chooses. I remember seeing him in What's Eating Gilbert Grape when he was just a teenager and thinking he would go a long way!

14. I never realized that Leonardo de caprio was actually half Italian. Your info has greatly influenced my quest for research. I need to know more of this guy. Not just by his name.

15. Having only just noticed this thread, so I'm a bit late responding, Robert de Niro for me is one of the greatest actors ever, nevermind Italian actors.

I have to say I haven't seen one bad film that he's been in, and even if the actual film hasn't been great, his performance as never dipped.

16. There are a lot great Italian actors. Sophia Loren is a classic and among the younger actresses, I like Marisa Tomei. She is American, but of Italian descent. I think the late, Virna Lisi was also very beautiful with classic 60's actress features.

17. @Juno, does Sophia Loren act soaps or movies. I ask this because that name sound familiar. I do not know most of the Italian actors but i can trace them by the type of films they act.

18. Judging by some of the names posted on this thread, I think there's probably a lot of film stars that you don't realise are Italian or from Italian decent, and I guess it also depends on what you mean by Italian.

I mentioned Robert De Niro when in fact his father is half Italian but he was born in the US. He classes himself as part Italian but I'm not sure he counts anymore?

19. Danny DeVito is definitely my favorite actor of Italian descent. What a funny guy! :cool:

20. 100% Italian.
    Marcello Mastroianni, Sofia Loren, Monica Bellucci, Roberto Benigni, Tony Servillo, Asia Argento, Virna Lisi, Valeria Golino and Rocco Siffredi.