Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

Which Is The Most Haunted Place In Italy?

Discussion in 'Travel and Tourism In Italy' started by explorer, Dec 23, 2016.

1. In India there are a few places like Bhangarh Fort, Kuldhara, The Shaniwarwada Fortb etc.which are said to be haunted? People hardly go there after dark due to fear of unknown. But in reality at least some stories are quite exaggerated just to arouse curiosity among tourists.

I heard that there is an island called Poveglia Island in Venice which is said to be a very spooky place. In 18th century a lot of people died there due to plague and the place was quarantined. There was also a notorious mental asylum where horrific experiments were conducted on patients.

Have you ever been to this place or any other haunted places in Italy?

2. Well I know that we stayed in a campground like place outside of Venice, and was beautiful and everything but at night that place was pretty creepy. I think most everyone was heavily satisfied with alcoholic beverages but you could tell there was an eerie feeling there.

3. I once dared to visit Villa Magnoni in Cona. It's a derelict haunted house. Stories about a female voice and children coming from the house scared me. I was more terrified when I heard that some people went to visit this place and had a tragic accident. I only viewed the house from far and went back to my room.

explorer likes this.
  4. I don't really think about places being haunted, but places that maybe very spiritual with history. I often think about place in Florence where I used to live and the people who died there, and that the places still exist.

Wherever you are in the world there maybe places that seem haunted, and while I do believe in spirits, I don't think people should be afraid of them or to go looking for them either.

explorer likes this.
  5. Wow, thanks for reminding me. I heard a lot about this haunted villa. I have seen the images on Google and it really looks spooky. It is said that in mid-80s four kids were wandering in the courtyards of the villa and they could see an old lady watching them from the second-story window who yelled at them very loudly. A few hours later three of them died in a fatal accident and the police came to know of this incident from the fourth kid who was alive.

It's still considered to be a creepy place where visitors are said to experience appearance of dark shadows and kids' laughter from the villa.

6. I think that any country that has the history associated to it that Italy does, is bound to have many places that are supposedly haunted. Thee are many places that actually rely on the folklore and stories that get told about that particular place, and even if you believe it or not, as a tourist looking round you can't help but get caught up in it.

Personally I don't really believe in things like that, but if there is ghost's and hauntings that take place, Italy would be the country where I would believe it the most due to everything the country as been through over the years.

7. I personally have not been to any haunted locations in Italy, but I have heard of Poveglia Island. It is supposed to be extremely haunted. I don't know if your aware of "The Ghost Adventures" Show on TV, but there was an episode that ran about Poveglia Island. A lot of Erie occurances happened while they were filming. Here's a video I found on the episode.
    http://dai.ly/x44n63n