Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

What Is The Cud Good For?

Discussion in 'Employment' started by Linda, May 20, 2013.

1. Why are work agencies and the 'dattori di lavoro' obliged to provide you with the yearly CUD? What is it good for?

2. It's probably better for someone with more knowledge to answer this in full but I'll help you with what I know.

A CUD is an end of working year tax document. If you have had for example 2 jobs in one year then you are likely to have 2 CUD for that working year. With the two CUD the Italian tax office can see how much you have earned and how much tax you have paid in that year. This may mean that you have paid too much or too less tax in that year.

If you have had only one job the whole year then you don't really need to do anything with it as your tax status should be OK but you will need to keep this document as it proves your income for that year.

Hopefully, someone else with more knowledge will be able to help on this one as I only have one job.

3. I am in Italy because I go to college here and I need the CUD form for my ISEE documents. They are needed at the University to calculate my taxes for the school year.

4. if a job agency ask for your CUD of the former year probably is to see your yearly income while searching for a new job, does this make sense ?