Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

Volunteer Work

Discussion in 'Employment' started by Gabe, Nov 13, 2015.

1. My Canadian friend is planning a visit to her great-uncle's grave in Italy and has asked me to join her as I am in the UK. We thought about doing some volunteer work so we could travel around Italy together and get to know other regions. It would be like work in exchange for board and food.

There are a few sites that do this like Workaway, but wondered if there are any Italians use, or if there is any other site that would list these in Italy only?

Thanks.

2. Consider joining the Dolphin Conservation and Sailing Program in the island of Ischia, in the Tyrrhenian Sea. This includes taking part in conservation surveying work with wild dolphin populations.

3. You mean like those farming volunteer work where you go to farms, work there, and the farm owners would exchange lodging and food for your services, instead of direct money? I think that would be a pretty cool idea, but you wouldn't be able to enjoy your trip to another country though, if you spend most of your time doing volunteer work just so you can have a place to sleep at night. Maybe try and save a little before you go, so you can enjoy the experience as well, and wouldn't have to rely on the kindness of strangers to live through the day.

4. I am not aware of any volunteer sites for people that live abroad but there are many organizations for people that live locally. The civil protection and the red cross are just a few but there are also many smaller organizations.

5. I am not aware there are such opportunities to work and be rewarded in kinds instead of actual cash. Then come to think if you going to have to render free volunteer work in the course of your visit are you sure to have enough of the time to actually visit your places of interests. Why not raise some money for your travel before embarking on it rather than relying on some free work for food and accommodation.