Traveling In Capri

BWI

Community Member
Aug 1, 2013
Bordeaux
My brother and sister-in-law are going to Capri next month for their honeymoon. I've never been there and would like to learn as much as I can; places to visit, nice tourist attractions, local dishes, etc. I know that the beaches are beautiful and that's about it, so any suggestions and information would be most welcome!

I have only ever been there once so hopefully others will be happy to help with more info but one place that I did not know existed but suggest in Capri is the Grotta Azzura (The Blue Cave)

I only found out about it when talking to friends after the trip.

Here is a quick clip of the cave.

The gap to enter the cave is quite small so weather conditions have to be good in order to enter the cave on the small boats that you see in the video. The sea has to be calm and you have to keep your head low.

Capri, is one (of many) places that I would really like to visit again,. I look forward to hearing more about the island.

I really love the name, Grotta Azurra and I absolutely love the beautiful blue Mediterranean sea!

Thanks for the video clip! I totally see what you mean by good weather conditions! I'll let my brother and sister-in-law know, they would be really delighted!

Thank you again!

Wow! The cave is so amazing! I didn't hear about it until now, it's beautiful :)

BWI, I found this link on WikiTravel, with some inf. I hope it helps.
Long story short :D, the cave looks like the most interesting thing to see and the sunrise experience is also great, I have seen a few sunrises myself, they really are amazing, and totally romantic! (since your brother and sister-in-law are newlyweds :p ).

The weather in September should be OK too, tell them to make lots of pretty pictures with the Capri area so you can post them here when they come back :D hahah

Reactions: BWI
Wow! The cave is so amazing! I didn't hear about it until now, it's beautiful :)

BWI, I found this link on WikiTravel, with some inf. I hope it helps.
Long story short :D, the cave looks like the most interesting thing to see and the sunrise experience is also great, I have seen a few sunrises myself, they really are amazing, and totally romantic! (since your brother and sister-in-law are newlyweds :p ).

The weather in September should be OK too, tell them to make lots of pretty pictures with the Capri area so you can post them here when they come back :D hahah

Thank you for the tips, Rosie! They certainly will take lots of photos in that beautiful region. I'll be happy to post them when they get back!

I was a little worried about the heat wave that has been going on in Europe lately, but I hope things will cool down in a few weeks' time.

I know this is an old post but incase anyone is interested, there are several things to do on Capri. The Blue Grato is one, you can visit the gardens of Augustus, the Villa Jovis, Villa San Michele... There are many places to visit you just have to do some research before you go and decide what type of activity you want. Capri is best after 5:00pm when all of the day trippers have left. That is when you see its true character come out.

Wow, so much fun! Thank you for posting the video. Looking beautiful, and the colors look so cool.