Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

The Unique Nature Of Umbria

Discussion in 'Umbria' started by ralmom101013, Feb 2, 2015.

1. For those who have visited Umbria and places like Tuscany and Venice that tend to get more recognition, did you find more unique traits about Umbria? It seems like not as many tourists choose Umbria, so a lot of it's unusually beautiful aspects get overlooked and forgotten. Umbria has some of the most breathtaking scenery and also has a lot of beautiful little towns such as Norcia. Have any of you visited Umbria or it's outskirts? Do you prefer it over more popular tourist venues in Tuscany, Milan, Venice, etc?

2. I've only been to Venice, haven't had the chance to visit Umbria yet.
    Personally, I prefer the not-so-crowded places, Venice is a must see, that's for sure! But it's a bit crowded for my taste :p

What I would love, love, love to visit first in Umbria is the waterfall! The "cascata delle marmore" (marble waterfall, in translation) was made by people, so it's not 100% nature, but it's one of the tallest in Italy and it's such a beautiful place!
    There are also plenty of landmarks to visit over there, like basilicas and cathedrals, sure, they're not nature :) but they're worth a visit anyway :)