Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

The Girl With A Pearl Earring - In Bologna Until May 25th

Discussion in 'Bologna' started by Sing-Mey, Apr 2, 2014.

1. The masterpiece will be present in Bologna until May 25th. The girl with a pearl earring is making a world tour, sort of, while the Hague Museum is being renovated.

If you want to see the famous Rembrandt masterpiece, visit the Fava Palace in Bologna :) It's worth it, even if just for a painting :)

2. This may sound stupid, but I thought this was just the name of a movie :D Which I haven't seen, so I kind of feel I should have known about the painting :D So embarrassing!

Well, I'm not planning on visiting Bologna anytime soon so.. tough luck for me this time.
    It's a great opportunity though! It's not everyday you get to see an important masterpiece, which is usually in a different country!

3. I know that novel The Girl with a Pearl Earring, not the movie. Must be a coincidence.

4. It's actually the painting that brought about both the novel and the movie. I'd read the novel and seen the movie, but I haven't actually seen the masterpiece itself (not many can say that they have...). A tour around the world, very interesting. That would be incredible!! Whoever can clear the schedule for a day or two, that would be an excellent experience! I wonder what the original really looks like, smells like...

Thank you for sharing the news!

People, head for Bologna! :D

5. But @Aurelia the painting is now no longer at at the Fava Palace in Bologna. :cool: The exhibition was from February to May 28 last year. It should now be back at The Hague.

6. Awww, so bad. I still live in 2014...