Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

Teaching In Italy

Discussion in 'Employment' started by erikao1o, Mar 6, 2014.

1. I was wondering if anyone had any information about teaching in Italy. I have taught ESL abroad in the past in South Korea, and I have a BA from a qualified university. I am a Canadian citizen, and I don't speak any Italian. Are there any private academies in Italy that hire native English speakers?

2. Hi erikao1o, I am an EU citizen and ESL teacher. Teaching jobs are very sought after in Italy for obvious reasons, people like to go there for the great mentality of the Italians, the wonderful food and the climate. Recently, when I was checking for job opportunities in southern Europe I saw that there were ESL jobs available in Italy. As a native speaker with a BA you shouldn't have any problems at all. Good luck! :)

3. You may want to check out a teach abroad program. There are a lot of them, but I most see jobs in Asia or the Middle East currently. On good one to check out is Teach Away, Inc. or ISS.edu. These services set you up and manage the whole process for you.

4. With a BA and teaching experience I doubt you would have trouble finding a job at a language school. Stick to bigger cities and you could cobble together a decent amount of work. I also have a BA in Esl but find that some places still wanted to see a CELTA which makes no sense since a BA is more advanced degree. You may or may not run into that!

5. I believe that native speakers are always welcome. Wherever you go, you'll be able to find a job - that's my opinion, at least. We have two native speakers at the university and they're amazing. I only wish we had more...

It's a very important experience. Native speakers can teach you something no one else can. I don't know whether there are any jobs available in Italy, but you could easily check it out.

Good luck!

6. WOW teaching abroad congratulations.