Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

Some Points To Ponder While You Visit Italy.

Discussion in 'Travel and Tourism In Italy' started by explorer, Jan 26, 2017.

1. As I am planning to visit Italy I was searching over net to get a general overview of Italy from a tourist's point of view. Some tips I got were :
    • Transport strikes are not rare in Italy. So if you have to catch a flight plan well in advance to the Airport.
    • As anywhere else in the world city accommodation is costly. So if you have any contacts in Italy go for something outside city limits.
    • Pay attention to “Il coperto” (cover charge) while dining outside. This a charge over and above the price of items ordered. You can see it at the bottom of the menu. Also most of the restaurants do no open till 7pm so be ready to eat late.
    I am curious to know any other tips that can help a first time visitor to Italy.

2. Well that is certainly true about the whole contacting anyone if you know them. Even one night off from having to pay for a hotel or things like that would have made a huge difference in the budget.

3. It depends which part of Italy you are going to, but like all places you should respect the local culture.

In Italy in particular, be careful of taking photos in churches and also be aware that restaurants don't open all day, only lunch for a couple of hours, and then at dinner. This is normal for most Italian establishments around the world though as it's tradition.

Many places still have a siesta, it may not be as long as it used to be ( several hours) but in rural places they may still do that and half day opening. You have to check before you go.

On a train always check you are on the right one and validate your ticket before boarding.

explorer likes this.