Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

Rock Drawings In Valcamonica

Valcamonica has one of the largest collections of prehistoric petroglyphs in the world.

1. TuttoItaly submitted a new resource:

Rock Drawings In Valcamonica - Valcamonica has one of the largest collections of prehistoric petroglyphs in the world.

Read more about this resource...

2. These drawings are incredible - they immediately reminded me of the Ancient Egyptians.

I've never been to this site but I would absolutely like to see it, and I know my husband would too -- we are both two history lovers so a trip here would be extremely interesting to both of us.

3. Speaking of ancient civilizations; such as, the Egyptians, what caught my interest was the mention of the the Camunni/Camvnni in the video I am posting here. Going to look into this some more, but here is a brief summary description from the Memim encyclopedia.

So, yes I, too, am excited to learn about these historical prehistoric petroglyphs in Valcamonica. Not only did I find this thread subject fascinating and informative, I quickly found myself immersed into the research by PITOTI. This is a collaboration between not only the obvious research by archaeologists, but also with with film makers and game designers on an international scale. In summary, they have essentially taken these rock engravings into 3d images similar to pixel images. It is like bringing to life these drawings into today's technology, like going to the movies.