Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

Reporting Your Presence In Italy!

Discussion in 'Legal, Utility And Property' started by ptahm22, Jan 26, 2017.

1. I was shocked to learn that if you don't stay in a tourist accommodation you are supposed to report your stay to the Questura. This is even to those who plan to stay for less than three months. I've never heard of this before nor have I ever registered. Do you guys register? Do I face some fines if I start registering the next time I go back?

2. I was unaware of this. I am guessing that we did something right, though, because we heard no mention of anything and were with a pretty large throughout. Who knows, though, I guess, I just hope we did.

3. You only have to register if you are staying for an extended period of time, say more than 9 days. As far as I know, they can fine you, but if you are a student or working then you should register because you will need to use the local facilities like the library, thus they will need to see evidence of registration.

If you are on a long holiday of a few weeks, then you don't need to register.