Opera Anyone

Orrymain

Community Member
May 21, 2009
Opera Anyone

Anyone a lover of Italian opera, or any opera for that matter? Some of the music is so dramatic and sweeping that I get hooked into it, but at the same time, I have no clue what they're saying and that's a big turn off. What about you?

Anyone a lover of Italian opera, or any opera for that matter? Some of the music is so dramatic and sweeping that I get hooked into it, but at the same time, I have no clue what they're saying and that's a big turn off. What about you?

I, like many classical music listeners, like opera to some degree. Me, not so much in Italian unless it's on TV and with subtitles; the Metropolitan Opera of New York gives synopses of the operas being broadcast on the radio and all, but unless I have something in English to follow in an Italian-language radio airing of, say, "Aida" or "La Boheme," I can't enjoy opera that way.

Re: Opera Anyone

I am a fan of the Italian opera. Beyond debate it is the best opera in the world. I think that many modern composers are using melodies and themes of Italian opera. Sorry, but sometimes these attempts are being much worse than the original.

Don’t mean to offend anyone but I don’t like opera since they are all noise to me. It is not just my cup of tea. I know that they are considered as the finest music but I don’t think that they are.

I kind of like the music but as someone mentions earlier, not knowing the words leaves me at a disadvantage so a lot of it passes me by. Having said that , whilst in Rome and walking near the teatro dell opera , it was a spectacular display of Roman Gnetry in all theri finery so I guess its still an occasion in itself in Italy