Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

One Night In Turin

Discussion in 'Italian Music, Film and TV' started by Regina Juno, Apr 20, 2015.

1. If anyone is looking for a more recent film to watch set in Italy, soccer lovers should enjoy this one. One Night in Turin is a 2010 British documentary film directed by James Erskine. The documentary is about the England football team during 1990 FIFA World Cup and left the nation undone by West Germany on penalties in the semi-final. It looks at the social and political context of the event as well as how it changed people's perception of football and the England team. Setting the World Cup in a wider socio-political context, Erskine examines how close hooliganism came to wrecking the competition and how quickly sports minister Colin Moynihan condoned the Italian authorities' heavy-handed tactics.

2. Sounds like a documentary, I would watch. I went to check it out more. I like the fact that it uses only archive footage. The Original Motion Picture Score sounds good, too. Thanks for the review.

In case, anyone is interested, here is some music from the move. I am listening right now, and enjoying it!

3. I agree the soundtrack is quite good. The film used popular music of the time from The Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, New Order and The Charlatans. One Night in Turin official film score album is by British composer Stuart Hancock. The soundtrack makes the documentary much more appealing.

sallymarie likes this.