Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

Life Is Beautiful

Discussion in 'Italian Music, Film and TV' started by Karen Gordon, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Have anyone seen this? It was an academy award winning film by an Italian director who acted in it as well. It is a phenomenal movie if you ever get a chance to see it. I would highly recommend it. It goes to show you beauty can be found in every situation no matter how dire.

2. I haven't seen it, but I might have to look into it. I love the way you described it, that it basically shows you that there's something good or beautiful in every life experience, even the ones that are hard and painful.

3. Life is beautiful or la vita è bella in Italian was the very first film that I watched in an Italian cinema. At the time, my Italian was very rusty but I still enjoyed the film even though i had some trouble understanding the language.

4. Yes, it is a really awesome movie. I wouldn't mind seeing it again. I think it shows something of the spirit of the Italian people, and how they are resilient and try to make the best of things no matter what.

5. I was only able to watch it once, because it was so beautiful and so sad at the same time I couldn't stop crying. The soundtrack was amazing. Here is the full soundtrack from the movie.

6. I have seen it. It is a beautiful movie set during the holocaust about the extent a father will go through to shield his son from the true horrific nature of their situation. It stars Roberto Bernigni and he directs the film as well.

7. I've seen it. Actually, it was right at my Italian class. We watched all together. Some of the students even cried. I'd say the film is very decent and is worth that award received.

8. Wow, there are people who never saw this movie? Seriously? It is not like it was made a year ago or so. Anyway, it is a wonderful movie and Benigni played a great leading role in it, although it was not for an Oscar (he beat Tom Hanks and Ed Norton if I recall well) in my opinion but it wasn't a bad choice either. I also recommend this movie. It is a master piece of emotion and good directing along with good screenplay.

9. This film is pretty important to the Italian culture as it showed the world that Italy and Europe have something to offer despite the lasting reign of Hollywood and its standards. Can't believe it's been almost 20 years since it came out.

10. I've seen Life is Beautiful multiple times. It is funny, charming, amazing and emotional (or maybe that's just me). I'm still very happy Benigni won Best Actor, he deserved that award.

11. Thank you for posting the soundtrack. I loved the sountrack of this movie.

12. I just researched about this movie and I found out that this movie has a very high rating and there are many positive reviews about this movie. I would definitely watch this movie. Thank you for suggesting the movie.

13. Oh yes, you should give it a view when you get a chance. It's a heart warming movie and it really does show you that Life is Beautiful. I'd love to hear your opinion about it once you do.

14. I'm italian and I've watched this movie at the cinema when it first came out and at least four more times after that. I love it, it makes me laugh and cry in the space of a few minutes. It's all about hope, love, family ties that go beyond the pain and suffering.
    This jewish librarian manages to shield his son from the horrors of the nazi camp using imagination and humor all the while showing a great strenght of character. This movie is a rollercoaster of emotions and if you have watched it, you know exactly what I mean. If you haven't watched it yet, please do it but keep in mind that it's not a happy movie. In my opinion Benigni was amazing and I think the movie deserves all the accolades it received.

15. I think that Life is Beautiful is not just an important and very well directed and written italian movie but also a big think regarding holocaust and II. WW movies. With amazing Roberto Benigni himself!

6efcc2ad2ae322b5881f701db4b429f5.jpg

16. А hеаrt tоuсhing, spеll bоunding аnd truly inspirаtiоnаl pеаrl оf wisdоm.
    This mоviе dеpiсts thе lоvе in truе sеnsе аnd stаts thаt its just оur аttitudе tоwаrds lifе thаt dеtеrminеs оur dеstiny. Thе bеstеst еvеr lоvе stоry whiсh fоllоws а nеvеr еnding prаisе.

17. I haven't seen this one yet. I love comedy drama films, as well as inspiring ones and if this one is a great one, therefore I have to see it. I heard Roberto Benigni is an amazing actor and director and it's nice to know that he starred and directed this movie as well :)

18. Thе mоviе is а 2-hоur lеssоn оn thе philоsоphy оf lifе. It tеасhеs us thаt lifе is аs bеаutiful аs wе wаnt it tо bе аnd аs wе mаkе it tо bе. аny сhаllеngе оr suffеring thаt lifе prеsеnts us with, is оnly аs intеnsе аs wе pеrсеivе it tо bе. It tеасhеs us thаt thеrе is аlwаys аn оppоrtunity tо sееk mоmеnts оf shееr plеаsurе еvеn undеr thе mоst distrеssеd сirсumstаnсеs.
    аnd finаlly, thе mоviе tеасhеs us thаt if yоu аrе rеаlly аT IT with аll yоur sinсеrity аnd will, yоu wоuld gеt whаt yоu rеаlly wаnt! (Rеmеmbеr, Jоshuа gеts thе TаNK in thе еnd! :D :D ). [Thаt is my fаvоritе pаrt оf thе mоviе, BTW]. Indееd, Lifе Is Bеаutiful