Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

Italy Won The "2015 Fivb Volleyball Girls' U18 World Championship"

Discussion in 'Italian Sport' started by edustadar001, Aug 21, 2015.

1. To all of you who don't know a lot about that. A few days ago the FIVG Volleyball Girls' U18 World Championship 2015 end with very clear win of the Italian team.

All details can be read on wikipedia:
    2015 FIVB Volleyball Girls' U18 World Championship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the group stage Italy hadn't lost any set and in the knockout stage the girls lost only 2 sets in for knockout stage games. The team from the USA was outclassed with 25-20, 25-18 and 25-16.

At the end we can expect again very good volleyball results from the Italian women. What do you think about this sensational result of the young girl national team?

2. I must confess I didn't realize that volleyball was such a big sport there. Or at least, that Italy is pretty good at the sport. I guess from an outsider's perspective we all assume that football is the only sport that Italy has any interest in, followed distantly by rugby, and that any other sports aren't areas that Italians apply themselves. Clearly that's very wrong!

edustadar001 likes this.
  3. Do not forget Waterpolo and Basketball. Italian men and Italian women are playing a very high level of waterpolo. The mens basketball team is maybe not the best in the world but always present at the european championship.