Italian Horror films

AstralEclipse1

Oct 30, 2010
Of all the types of Italian films out there, most of the ones that are best known in other countries happen to be horror films, and many horror movie fans would tell you that many of the best Horror movies ever made were from Italy. Are you a fan of horror films, and if so what are some of your favorites?

I'm not really a fan of horror films, because they're too scary (yes, you may laugh at me now!) but I think that Dario Argento's Suspiria was an amazingly beautiful movie. Creepy, haunting and full of violence, but absolutely beautiful, too.

I'm not laughing! I get scared too when watching horror movies. I still remember how scared I was to sleep for weeks after seeing The Grudge some years ago!

This is a list of Italian Horror movies. I don't know if it's complete but it has a lot of movie titles in it.

I do appreciate a good horror movie, but I'd have to watch it with someone near me, I'd never watch one alone.
However, I noticed that lately they stopped making good scary movies! Most of them have ugly zombies or monsters or ghosts... but they're just not good!

I enjoy horror films, but I haven't actually seen any Italian ones - what would you recomend for a beginner? I prefer horror films which are psychological and suspenseful, rather than really violent.

I like horror movies, but on this genre I've seen really few good italian movies.
I suggest some old movies, but still good :

La casa dalle finestre che ridono di Pupi Avati
Profondo Rosso