Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

Italian Hand Gestures Lesson From Male Models

Discussion in 'Italian Language' started by Pessel, Nov 25, 2014.

1. #1 Pessel, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    What is the best way to learn Italian hand gestures? :) I don't know how to speak Italian hand gestures. Never learned it before, but I think it's a lot less boring than learning just the language through books. :D Italian is really very expressive as a language.

I decided to look for details in YouTube. There are so many videos on learning Italian hand gestures and in many lessons, but I think this one with the models really gets me.

2. The easiest way to speak Italian through your hands and show expression and emotion is to have passion for everything! When you speak it should be full of excitement and the gestures will automatically come

3. Omg, I love hand gestures! I knew the Italian language had this form of "backup", but never fully understood it before I came here :D

Tasha said it right, Italians have such a passion in their way of speaking, and the gestures make it so special!

By the way, when I first saw the hand gesture for "afraid of something", I was in the car with a friend. She was driving and talking to me and made this gesture, but without saying anything. And I asked her, what does it mean? Why doesn't she use words? And she was so embarrassed to explain! She almost didn't but I insisted that she did!

It seems that the gesture (the one that begins at 0:50 :p) is in reference to... the bottom :p And the gesture is miming the actions tight - loose, like when you're contracting your muscles when you're afraid of something :D

Now, if this doesn't demonstrate how awesome the Italian language is, nothing will! :cool: