Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

Italian Brands

Discussion in 'General Discussion About Italy' started by Chillout, Jul 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Sadly with branding people with a god brand name do allow others to sell under their name as licensing is a big business. I worked for a company once that dealt with merchandise at a trade show where they would sell items under branded names and the woman told me it's so common, they just trade on the name.

This is more common with pens, sunglasses and accessories. Even Gucci sunglasses, probably are made under license and are not real Gucci in the sense they are from Italy. I have a few pairs and they are good quality, and the cases are nice, but they are still mass produced probably from a factory that makes all designer sunglasses.

2. As much as I would love to purchase Italian brands, particularly the high end ones like Prada, I have to admit that I most often purchase based on price. I agree though that if you are splurging on an Italian brand you should make sure it is certified, so you are not disappointed later.

3. When it comes to fashion labels then counterfeit goods are big business all over the world. While a Gucci handbag off a local market stall might not last as long as an original, if they both look the same then it's no surprise that they're popular.

4. The thing is in Italy you can buy a Gucci bag from the same factory, with the same quality, but without the name. That's what savvy Italian women actually do and it's considered cleverer than buying in the stores. It's a guarded secret among Italian women where they buy things for this very reason. Designer quality and not at those prices.

pwarbi likes this.
  5. I think that's one of the biggest problems with any designer labels, especially when it comes to fashion.

I know for a fact it's not just Italian brands that do that, as I have a friend who used to work for Hugo boss, and they could buy perfumes and aftershave from where they worked, 90% cheaper than in the shops.

It was the exact same only in a glass bottle in a white cardboard box, instead of it having all the branding on there.

I'm paying like £55 for a bottle, he's getting it for about £10!!! I wasn't impressed, haha.

6. Has anyone head of the Italian brand PINKO? I went to southern Italy with my friend a few years ago and all the young adults were carrying around PINK bags. They are tote bags and the words PINKO is in sequence letters. They come in all different sizes and colors. We weren't able to find it when we can back so we pay so much in shipping and handling it order it from Italy. I still have it and it reminds me of that summer in Italy. I don't even know if it is still around.

7. Yes, Pinko is still around. They have their own website and boutiques in London and Harrods. Fashion is global and I am sure you will be able to find it somewhere. Italian youngsters are all about their brands.

8. Quality and expensive are not always the same thing. I really like some clothing brands from Italy. Of course, those famous world wide like Aramni. However i do not have the money for Armani all the time or should i say most of the time. Nevertheless, while i was living on Malta i found out that there are more Italian brands than Armani. In Serbia you cannot even find original Versace or any famous brand. So i was just strolling down town in Sliema, Malta and found a shop that had some nice clothes followed by nice price tags. It was OVS and i honestly didn't know about it till then. Another one i found interesting was Calliope. Many other brands i found but these two had the best relation of money and quality and i still love to buy these. As for other brands i like Felce Azzurra and especially the basic talk flavour.

9. Has anyone heard of the brand Caprisa? I went to Italy as a teenager and all the Italians my age were wearing this brand. It is an acessory brand from what I remember. They have things such as bags, jewelry and other accessories.
    I don't know if this brand still exists but I have a few handbags from them that I bought years ago when I was over there. I would love to go back to one of the stores and see how the brand has changed and what styles they are offering now.