Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

Is It Hard To Get A Job In Milan?

Discussion in 'Milan' started by Kenn Ong, May 15, 2015.

1. Hi guys, I'm Kenn 26 years old and Im currently living in Pisa Italy for 8 months now and I know sufficient italian language. I am planning to move to Milan because of the lack of opportunities in Pisa and I'm wondering how hard it is to get a job there? I was an aircraft mechanic in Philippines however my experience is not valid here so I'm trying to save money for my engineering degree. I would do any job like being a waiter, receptionist, cleaner, fitter or any blue colar job. Please share your insights how to land a job in Milan. Can I go there in a random working day of the week and walk inside stores or businesses or should I do it online?

Thank you for the attention and sorry for the lenghty post.
    Buonagiornata a tutti.

2. Whаt kind оf jоb dо yоu wаnt аnd whаt аrе yоur quаlifiсаtiоns? Thеrе аrе аlrеаdy mаny Itаliаns withоut а jоb thаt spеаk а gооd Itаliаn, sо yоu nееd tо оffеr sоmеthing thаt mоst pеоplе саnnоt оffеr.

pwarbi likes this.
  3. As @JimGoodman say's, while there are jobs available in Milan, a lot is going to depend on what type of job you would want and what your skills are. You mentioned roles such as a cleaner or receptionist, and with Milan being a tourist resort there are a lot of jobs like that, but a lot of the places ill be looking for experienced applicants so applying in person might be the best way to go. At least then if you don't have the right experience and skills they can at least have a look at you and they may give you a chance based on how you come across face to face.