Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

How many times a week do you eat pasta?

Discussion in 'General Discussion About Italy' started by Chillout, Nov 22, 2009.

?
  1. Never

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. 1-3 times a week

22 vote(s)
    56.4%
  3. 4 - 6 times a week

8 vote(s)
    20.5%
  4. Everyday

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. I eat it three to five days a week. Sometimes it's orzo, sometimes it's couscous, sometimes it's vermicelli that I toast with rice. I very rarely sit down to an entire meal of pasta, rather it's a as a side dish or a vehicle for shrimp or meat. I make my own pasta whenever I can.

2. I try to limit it in the evening for obvious reasons but it's so tasty it's a problem trying to cut it out entirely!

3. I could eat pasta for breakfest, lunch and dinner every day!

4. I prepare pasta at the weekends, always, even outside of Italy. I eat pasta out on Fridays with expat friends I work with.

However, during the week, I tend to either have fish, shellfish, a bean stew, and / or chicken or a meat variety.

5. Honestly, I didn't like pasta at all before I came to Italy. I found it a dull thing to eat and I was always, and I mean always, hungry half hour after I had it.
    Of course, pasta being a great Italian dish, I learned how to use different recipes to prepare it and now I absolutely love pasta!
    I only have it 2 or 3 times a week because I try to eat various foods all the time but I do appreciate a good pasta-filled plate :)

6. I try not to eat pasta. I find that the weeks I consume a lot of it I tend to gain weight. I never cook it so I don’t really eat it. I do substitute a lack of carbs for rice and quinoa. However, whenever I go out to eat I always treat myself to a nice bowl of pasta. Penne alla Vodka is my favorite.

7. I usually eat pasta a few times a week, but sometimes I make a huge pasta bake or bowl of pasta salad so I would eat that for most of the week. I do like to eat pasta when I go out too, but I try to have something I can't make myself or that takes too long like a risotto.

8. I eat pasta only about a couple times per week. Sometimes it's in a salad as a side dish. Other times I make spaghetti and meatballs. I wouldn't leave out my Mac & cheese though, love it.

9. On the poll I put down 1-3 times a week but thinking about it it's probably more than that. I usually take a pasta based meal for my dinner at work, and then if I don't I'll have pasta for tea, so it's probably more like 5 times a week to be honest.

10. I eat pasta but not all the time. Sometimes I eat it at home and sometimes in a restaurant. I also like to make my own pasta occasionally. I do enjoy a good pasta, especially when it has been made the Italian way!

11. I think the main thing about pasta is that it's easy to cook and can practically go with anything.

Like I said I usually take a pasta dish to work for my lunch, but then if we're going out for a meal in a restaurant it can also be eaten as a full dinner, so it's quite diverse. The only meal I wouldn't eat it for is breakfast!

12. I would probably say we eat it on average once a week. It depends on the time of year and also what we are craving. I grew up eating pasta a lot, having a half Italian background, but my husband didn't - so I have to cater to him with my cooking a lot of the time!

13. I think most people will have pasta at least once a week, and it seems to be a meal that people always have in the cupboard.

Growing up, we actually had a pasta cupboard where my mother stored all the different kinds she'd bought along with all the ingredients to make the sauces.

14. I love pasta. My favourite recipes are the simple ones. I worked as a chef and I can cook very well. My usual recipe goes like this.
    A pack of spaghetti, garlic, olive oil, fresh basil and parsley, ground pepper and parmesan.

Boil spaghetti al dente and drain them. Heat the oil in frying pan and let several halved garlic cloves fry few minutes with ground pepper and basil. Put the spaghetti into hot oil, toss around few times in order to mix everything. Remove from heat and add finely sliced parsley. Add some olive oil if needed and serve with parmesan on top.

15. Pasta dishes can be tastier than a lot of others and when you look at what ingredients are used, it's hard to see why really.

Most pasta dishes are easy to make, use limited ingredients but are more liked than the more complicated recipes.

16. I loved pasta the first day i tasted it when i was in Italy for a vacation. Since then, i have been using it in my household and my kids have gotten used to it.

17. 1-3 times a week. I love Italian pasta but I don't eat it every day. I am an overweight guy and that is why my parents have restricted it to 3 times a week.

18. I think it is normal. Well, is is not necessary to eat pasta every day if you are an Italian. Different people have different choices.

19. I eat pasta about four of five times at week. There are several delicious sauces so it doesn't get boring. I try to be careful with the quantity though, I never eat more than 100 grams of pasta in one sitting except when there's a special occasion like a birthday or another celebration, otherwise I'd gain a lot of weight.
    Pasta is cheap, good and filling so most italian families eat it almost every day.
    Now that I think about it, I usually eat more pasta during the fall and winter. During the summer I often prefer cool dishes like salads so I eat pasta about twice at week at the most.

20. Once a week is probably the best answer for me. I can go weeks without eating it but I still eat it from time to time. I used to be a big fan of all sorts of pasta but something that happened to me recently has lead to me, not doing so anymore. It is still delicious but not as much as it used to be for me.