Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

How many times a week do you eat pasta?

Discussion in 'General Discussion About Italy' started by Chillout, Nov 22, 2009.

?
  1. Never

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. 1-3 times a week

22 vote(s)
    56.4%
  3. 4 - 6 times a week

8 vote(s)
    20.5%
  4. Everyday

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. How many times a week do you eat pasta?

Since moving to Italy, I now eat pasta every day. Is this the case for the rest of you?

Please vote above.

2. Re: How many times a week do you eat pasta?

I have pasta most days but not everyday. There are so many different sauces you can make with pasta which makes it different everytime.

3. Re: How many times a week do you eat pasta?

i eat pasta every day but only on lounch time

4. Here in the Philippines the staple food is rice but when we have the means I choose restaurants that have the best tasting pasta. Some what I indulge on the pasta but I seldom do it because of weight reasons.

5. We eat pasta at least 3 times a week. I make my own sauce too. Everyone also loves my meatballs. Sometimes we have pasta and Alfredo sauce. I don`t know how to make that so it`s from a jar.

6. We eat pasta a few times a week, but only as a part of the meal. Typically I serve a nice big salad, some fish or chicken and a half cup of fresh pasta as a side dish. Often I just make the pasta and toss it in olive oil and add some fresh chopped basil and salt and just eat it like that. When you use homemade noodles, you find that you don't need a bunch of heavy sauces.
    This what the pasta looks like when I'm drying it. This is the amount of pasta I make for my husband and I to eat for one week.:
    [​IMG]

This recipe used a cup and a half of flour which equates to six small 110 calorie servings.

7. 4-5 days a week. People use eat pasta 7/7 launch and dinner as well. It depends on the life style. We use "pasta" like a main meal, a base. Then we eat meat, fish, verdure etc.

8. When I first arrived to UK in 2008 my Sicicilan husband taught me pasta recipes and there was a point I ate pasta everyday. Now I only eat it about 4-5 times a week. When I get enough time I'd like to make my own pasta too. I already did before and it was so much fun.

Italicum likes this.
  9. I'm italian and I seldom eat pasta.
    Is it normal?

10. Pasta is my favorit lunch everyday.. I eat all types of pasta with different sauces.. !!

12. I eat pasta at least 3 times a week, also. To me, there is nothing better than pasta drenched in butter with a little garlic powder or salt. This especially comes in handy for a quick bite to eat or if you are low on groceries.

13. I eat pasta around 2-3 times a week. I somewhat try not to, it just seems so typical. Don't you think? I rather eat things like risotto, or muesli. I usually only eat pasta when eating out, but I do want to learn how to make it myself. I'm really only good at making the sauce.

14. Spagetti is one of my favourite meals but I have to say that I have never eaten anything but the dried variety. I love it so much that I cannot believe the fresh stuff can be any better.

15. I eat pasta almost every day as well. I too usually just use it as a base with a meat entree like chicken, fish, etc.. I like to keep it light.

16. I eat a ton of pasta, but Italy is home to amazing seafood as well. Okay yes, much of the seafood is piled on top of pasta, but you can get bowls of mussels, clams, and crab that'll satisfy you just as much as any pasta. The fascinating thing about the food in Italy is you'd think you would end up gaining weight left and right, but it's actually full of seafood and vegetables, which keeps you healthy.

17. I eat pasta about 3 times a week and I don't even live in Italy (yet). I just love pasta. There are so many ways to make it - with meat, without meat, different types of meat, different sauces, different types of noodles. There are so many different choices so I never get tired of it.

18. We generally have pasta a couple of times a week. It is a great way to stretch food dollars and is very versatile. We generally use some type of meat but I have used fish as well as just plain cheese.

19. When I make spaghetti I make a huge pot and freeze half the sauce. Even making half the sauce with pasta takes me about a week to eat so while I don't have pasta every week when I do have it it's for a week straight!

20. eat, sleep and dream it