Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

Good Skiing In Italy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion About Italy' started by Allegra, Jan 7, 2014.

1. I've heard of a ski resort in Cervinia, located in the Alps and the information online it looks good. Are there any other ski resorts that you can recommend as being worth visiting?

2. If you are looking for a great resort for beginner level skiing then Alleghe is worth a look. It's also a decent place for snowboarding, but not so great for more advanced skiers.

3. Is it a smaller mountain? Or is it just straight forward downhill skiing without moguls? I haven't tried snowboarding, just downhill skiing, maybe it would be a good place to learn to snowboard. I'm a medium level skier so it doesn't matter what level of skiing there is as long as it's a nice hill.

4. Isn't Alleghe famous for mountain climbing too? I am sure it's one of the toughest mountains of the Dolomites to climb, so it is probably fairly big.

5. Folgaria is popular among Italians living here in the north of Italy. I usually visit the area in the summer when there is no snow but I know that it has many different slopes to choose from during the winter months.

Here is a quick link to give you an idea. http://www.folgariaski.com/en/

6. I've heard of Folgaria as well, many Italians recommended this place to me this winter. I never went, though... but I might just visit it for fun.

There are also a few other places, I've heard of Ponte di Legno, just 170 km. far from Milan, in the Brescia region. Then there's Maniva Ski (between Lake Idro and Lake Iseo).
    I've also heard you can go skiing at Lake Garda, but don't know exactly where. You can google it though :) See what you find.

7. When I was 10 years old I went on a school ski trip to Bosco San Giorgio. At the time it felt like the most exotic thing anyone could ever do! I have no idea whether people go to this resort regularly, and I certainly haven't been back since. But it was a great first taste of Italy.

8. Talking of Dolomiti, Cortina d'Ampezzo is on of the largest ski resorts .

9. I also love to ski. I would totally love to do this in Italy. I bet it's an unforgettable experience. I went skiing in Aspen when I was younger and a few times in Wilmot and I always have a great time.

10. I always enjoyed the region around Merano for skiing. There are various different winter sport areas in that part of the world ranging from family skiing to glacier skiing. Skiing at high altitudes has always been my favorite. The Glacier Ski Resort Senales Valley has some great ski runs. The descent into the valley is 8 km in winter, and absolutely spectacular!