Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

Gangster On House Arrest Could Not Resist Eating A Pizza

Discussion in 'Rome' started by Adriano89, Mar 28, 2014.

1. I'm not sure if I should laugh at this... I'll just go ahead and laugh!!!
    So, an Italian gangster, who is on house arrest, could not resist eating a pizza and broke the law by getting out of his house to eat one at a pizzeria nearby.
    Isn't this hilarious?! :D
    Here's more on the subject.... No one can resist the taste of Italian pizza! :D LOL

2. Oh, this one is hilarious!
    They should use this for publicity, "Italian pizza, so irresistible not even convicted felons can stay away from it!"
    Indeed funny, and unfortunately for the guy, an illegal thing to do.
    I wonder why didn't he just pick up the phone and order in?

3. That's the most Italian thing I've read today. Reminds me of the prisoners who broke out of their cell under the night and baked a chocolate cake and then returned to their cells in the morning. It didn't happen in Italy, but still.

4. I was going to ask the question myself why didn't he just pick the phone up and order in? I mean sure sometimes it can take a little longer but on this ocasion and in these circumstances I think it might have been for the best!

5. Ha! Incredible, how pizza can be so addictive and can make your head spin!

As far as ordering the pizza by phone, I don't know why he didn't just do that, but I have a hunch. It's the whole "eat a pizza in Italy" experience!
    I do order in sometimes, but to be honest, I would much rather get dressed and go out to eat the pizza! I love the way a pizzeria smells, I love it that I sometimes get to see how the cook makes it right in front of me! And I love that I get it HOT, straight from the wooden oven!
    When you order in... you only get to eat it, you miss out on all the rest!

6. Lol even gangsters have to eat, right?

7. I can see that it is always better to actually go and eat out, if you get the chance but I think the threat of breaking the law and getting arrested for the sake of a fresh pizza, might have swayed me to stay in and eat I think!

8. The Italian pizza truly is infamous, if it can lead someone to break the law and put himself in more trouble with the law just to eat pizza. It's a funny story, but it makes me wonder if the gangster had other intentions for going to the pizza shop!

sallymarie likes this.
  9. Other intentions? Other than getting a freshly made pizza? Surely not! What else could he possibly have needed to go for?

Actually on second thoughts don't answer that!