Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

Flash Mob To Save The Dolphins In Rome

Discussion in 'Rome' started by Rosie, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Two environmental groups have decided to work together and organize some sort of a flash mob to save the dolphins from living in captivity in dolphinariums.

The sweat water creatures live 30 years less, if kept in captivity. They think they're happy, because they don't know what their lives should be like, poor dolphins think that living in a pool is normal and that shortens their lives.

Here's a short video of the people who are gathered in front of the Trevi Fountain, a few days back.

What do you think?
    Should they close down the dolphinariums? Will these protests work?

2. Thanks for sharing I like mob video, and I was not aware of this one.

And in general I'm for closing all kind of parks with animals.

3. I hope it works I think it's horrible to take them out of their natural habitat. Thank you for sharing the video too. Sadly as long as they are making money on any sort of animal they will continue to do so.

4. I'm not sure what to think. I have always loved to go to Sea World, and every time I go, I can tell that the dolphins and other animals are being taken care of extremely well. I didn't know that them living in a pool would shorten their lives, though =/

5. I have been to a dolphinarium only once, but I was so small I can't even remember how it was.

I too am against animal cruelty and this is exactly what it is, they take away so many years out of the dolphins lives, even if they are well taken care of. There's no doubt that they love them and take care of them and everything, but it's still living in a cage.

I also love zoos, I would go to the zoo everyday, just to see the animals, but I know it's not OK that they live in those cages like that.

Now, I'm 99% sure that if they release all these animals back into the wild, they'll just die... but they could stop capturing them!