Begin A New Adventure

Wish to share / learn new things about Italy with a fantastic group of people?

1. Tutto Italy uses cookies and by continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This notice is in regards to the EU Cookie Law. Learn More.

Feta Cheese Pasta

Discussion in 'Italian Recipes' started by OliveOil, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Take a handful of cherry tomatoes and cut them in half. Put them in a pan with some olive oil. Sprinkle some thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and sugar on them. You can use whatever spices you want but that's what I used.
    Fry the tomatoes on medium heat until they've turned a bit soft. Add the feta cheese. Keep the heat on medium until the cheese has kind of melted together with the olive oil and almost turned into a sauce. Mix in the pasta and stir.
    When I was making this yesterday I meant to make something completely different, but this turned out awesome! It's easy to make, delicious, and feta cheese is very low kcal, if that's what you're into.

2. I do the same with feta or giuncata, but i add the diced cheese at the last minute before turning off the fire.

3. Oh, that sounds so very yummy! I don't know if I would add thyme to it... maybe rosemary, garlic, salt pepper and basil! I would definitely add some basil!

I do something similar with broccoli. I love broccoli, I eat it either boiled or steamed, but my significant other kinda hates it. So, the only way I managed to make him eat it is cooking it with pasta, it's pretty much the same recipe as your, only instead of cherry tomatoes, I add broccoli in a pan (but I boil it first, it doesn't take long).
    Then I fry it for a few minutes, add salt, pepper and garlic (the main ingredient is, in fact, the garlic!), then add the pasta and after I stir them together for another few minutes, I add the feta cheese. It melts and because creamy, I love it!

4. Yeah, I wouldn't wish broccoli upon my worst enemy. Tomatoes are much better.

Why wouldn't you add thyme? Thyme is used in a lot of Italian food, is it not? It's an essential part of bolognese, anyways.

5. You eat broccoli with pasta? How is it? I've never tried that one before