Favorite Italian song?

Fardreamer

Community Member
May 24, 2009
Favorite Italian song?

Even though I tend to listen to songs in English (and sometimes Spanish) 99.9 per cent of the time, I do like to listen to songs in italiano. Some are arias from operas (La donna e mobile), but others are popular or folk songs.

Of the latter, my faves are "Volare" and "Torno a Sorrento."

Anyone else?

My favorite italian song is "Vedrai" by Francesco Renga. But I like all the songs from his album "Ferro e Cartone". In my opinion they are very personal and autobiographical. Also, I like many songs of Luciano Ligabue. For example, "Seduto in riva al fosso" or "Certe notti".

It's going to sound weird, but I'll tell you what it is :D It's Fabri Fibra - In Italia ft. Gianna Nannini :cool:

I'm not into this music style at all, but this song is, how should I put it... special to me.
One year before I came to Italy two of my dear friends came here for work, but then returned home. This song was everything they listened to.

It stuck into my head and the next year, 2008, I came to Italy.
This song was somehow the one thing that made me feel close to home :D Which is weird, since the lyrics are not very "sweet" and neither is rapping ;)

I have quite a few favourites, but it's all from one singer - Marco Mengoni (I sound like a fangirl now :D). Anyway, I really like L'Essenziale, Solo, and Tanto Il Resto Cambia.