Evening All! New Member Here

dpm_007

Community Member
Sep 6, 2017
Tampa Bay, FL
Ciao, everyone! I'm new to the forum. I didn't find a "Introduce yourself" sub-forum so I'll do that here.

I grew up around Italian American communities in the New York Metro area. I have visited Italy once in the 1980's. It was my first trip to Europe. I was on a 2 week Eurail Pass going through all around Europe. I entered through Luxemborg, but stayed mostly in Belgium & France. But I left a Cannes on a Sunday morning heading towards Roma. I entered Italy on the train via the "Ventimiglia" checkpoint (this was before the Schengen Agreement). And then all the way down to Rome. I arrived around 3-4pm on a Sunday afternoon. I got to the hotel and then went out to eat dinner, not realizing that most of the restaurants were closed (it being Sunday). The only thing open was a Pastry shop. So that's what I had for dinner that day. Ah well. I didn't have much time in Rome, had to be on the train back up to Milano, where I had to wait for an overnight train to Basel Switzerland.

I hope to go back some day, and see Sicily and Sardinia.

Anyway, looking forward to chatting with you all!

Regards,

DPM

Welcome to Tutto Italy!

I hope you get the opportunity to come back and visit the country again one day. A lot has changed over the years.